Ichabod’s Industries is the trading vehicle of Stephen Sheen …
Stephen is a CIPFA-qualifed accountant. The majority of his career was spent as an external auditor with PricewaterhouseCoopers, providing technical support to the firm’s local government audit appointments, as well as advising others on all aspects of local authority accounting and finance.
Stephen is the acknowledged expert on proper accounting practices for local government and the operation of the Prudential Framework, having been the lead drafter for CIPFA of the following publications:
- IFRS 16 Leases – An Early Guide for Local Authority Practitioners (2019)
- IFRS 9 Financial Instruments – Guidance Notes for Local Authority Practitioners (2019)
- Practitioners’ Guide to Capital Finance in Local Government (2019)
- Local Authority Capital Accounting – A Reference Manual for Practitioners (2018)
- Accounting for Collaboration (2014)
- Code of Practice on Local Authority Accouting – Guidance Notes for Practitioners (IFRS version 2010/11)
He is an active member of the CIPFA Local Authority Accounting Panel and Accounting and Auditing Standards Panel and served on the Prudential Code Working Group (during which time he admits responsibility for devising the Capital Financing Requirement). Stephen writes regularly for the Room 151 website.